Miracles happen during Epsom Salt Baths!
March 23, 2012 | No Comments
I LOVE soaking in Epsom Salt baths. It is one of my favorite pleasures, and is a savior after a hectic day or a hike in the mountains. Miracles happen during Epsom salt baths! It feels like a high-end spa treatment, and I always emerge peaceful, relaxed and it improves my sleep.
Epsom salt is made of magnesium and sulfate, which can help improve your health in numerous ways. Deficiency of magnesium can lead to joint problems, including arthritis, blood circulation problems including strokes, digestive problems and problems related to your mental well being.
Many people are magnesium deficient
According to the National Academy of Sciences, many Americans are magnesium deficient. Magnesium gets absorbed through the digestive tract, but many foods, drugs and medical conditions can interfere with the effectiveness of the intake. Soaking in an Epsom Salt bath may allow magnesium to be absorbed through the skin. I do believe that my Epsom Salt baths over the past 25 years contributed to my excellent health! And this is why “I LOVE Epsom Salt”!
Miracles that are happening during Epsom Salt Baths
- We all experience stress during the day. Excess stress are believed to drain magnesium from the body. Magnesium helps to produce serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical that creates a feeling of calm and relaxation.
- It reduces inflammation and relaxes tensed muscles. Any stiff or aching muscles almost immediately begin to feel better!
- Detoxification of your body takes place. An Epsom Salt soak will help to draw toxins out of your body.
- It is also a great pick-me-up when I have a cold. I add a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil to my Epsom Salt bath and it clears my stuffy nose and chest congestion.
My Favorite Epsom Salt Bath Recipe
My favorite recipe is called “Mini Vacation to Hawaii”
- Add two cups of Epsom salt to a hot bath.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Island Essence Gardenia Bath Salts. The Bath Salts are made in Hawaii and it contains Epsom salt and Hawaiian sea salts.
- Add a few drops of Island Essence Gardenia Oil and stir the water. The oil is a moisturizing and nourishing blend of the highest quality natural and organic oils.
- Light scented candles and play soft meditation music.
- Soak for 15 minutes in the bath and cool your body down with a cool shower.
- For maximum impact stay home, snuggle up in bed with a good book and relaxing music.
Take an Epsom salt bath two to three times per week for best results. It will add quality to your life and using the Island Essence Products, is like taking a mini vacation to a tropical island.
Where You Can Buy Epsom Salt
I purchase Epsom Salts at Walgreens. Most of the drug stores sell Epsom salt. It is important to read the instructions on the package before using them. If you experience any health problems, please consult with your primary care provider before using Epsom Salt. Epsom salt baths are relaxing to your body and mind but are stimulating to your circulatory system. It is not recommended for people with high blood pressure or severe varicose veins.
- – - – - -
Disclaimer: The advice provided in this blog posting is for informational purposes only. It is meant to augment and not replace consultation with a licensed health care provider.
Reference - *Epsom Salt Council – Website http://epsomsaltcouncil.org/